The ICMC Program Committee seeks high-quality vendor-neutral presentations focused on commercial cryptography and common criteria from thought leaders in the engineering and research community, test laboratories, government organizations, procurers, deployers, administrators, and end-users. Product vendors are encouraged to recruit clients and partners who are front-line implementers as presenters.
Due Dates for Presentation Proposals
Proposals Due: January 2, 2018
Review and Comments: January 17, 2018
Acceptance Notifications: January 31, 2018
Presentation Slides Due: April 11, 2018
Dates of the Workshops and Presentations
Workshops: May 8, 2018
Conference Presentations: May 9-11, 2018
Benefits of Speaking
As a speaker, you’ll receive complimentary 3-day conference registration, an $1100 value (pre-conference workshops are not included). Your name, photo, professional biography and organization will be featured in conference promotion and the conference web site. Over 850,000 marketing impressions are made in this promotion campaign. One complimentary speaker registration per presentation is permitted. Additional co-speakers will receive discount registration of 20% off published fees. Speakers are responsible for their travel expenses. For any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
About the Submission Process
Speaking proposal submissions and reviews for ICMC are managed through an online management system called EasyChair which allows the author to submit a proposal and check the status of their submission. The Program Committee will review the submissions and notify the authors of the results.The submission review process will be finalized by January 31, 2018. If you have any questions about the process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Setting Up an EasyChair Account and Entering a Presentation Proposal
- Visit https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=icmc18
- Click “create an account” (If you have an existing EasyChair account, log in and skip to step 8)
- Enter the Captcha code and click “Enter”
- Enter your contact info and click “Continue”
- You will receive an email with an activation link for your account. Use the link to finish the registration process
- Enter your personal data and click “Create My Account”
- Log into ICMC18 by clicking “click here” and enter your username and password
- Enter your presentation proposal and click “Submit”
Information You’ll Need to Provide With Your Submission
You’ll be asked to select the appropriate TRACK for your proposed presentation. ICMC is organized by topic into conference tracks:
- General Technology: Tools and techniques relating to cryptographic modules
- Advanced Technology: High-level technology issues, or special-focus subject matter
- Certification Programs: Issues related to the CMVP, government programs and global certification
- User Experience: For organizations that rely on cryptographic security, updates on products, certification, and vulnerabilities
- Open-Source Cryptography: Efforts to audit, improve and certify the security of the leading OS crypto projects
- Industry Vertical/Embedded Crypto: The application of embedded encryption in specific industry verticals
- Quantum-Ready Crypto: Updates on the quantum computing threat and efforts to transition to quantum-safe algorithms
- Common Criteria: Issues related to Common Criteria and NIAP-compliant products
- Cryptographic Policy & Ethics: Perspectives on balancing privacy rights and government access to encrypted information
You’ll be asked to select the appropriate LENGTH OF TIME for your proposed presentation. ICMC is organized into presentations of various lengths:
- 30 Minutes: A single-speaker presentation covering a specific issue or a limited range of topics.
- 60 Minutes: A panel presentation involving more than one speaker, covering a range of issues or topics, or presented as a moderated discussion.
- 200 Minutes: A half-day instructional workshop presentation.
You’ll also be asked to rate the EXPERTISE LEVEL and the SCOPE of your proposed presentation.
Checking Status and Notification of Your Submission
The submission review process will be finalized by January 31, 2018. Once the review of your submission is finalized, you will receive notification by email. You can also check the current status of your submission by logging in to EasyChair.